Around the world

Around the world; a Nation Hopper's journy to teach on all 7 continents.




Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November

Where has 2011 gone?! I cannot believe it is already November! I was doing a teacher training yesterday, working on past present and future tense with some of the teachers. Mary in particular did not understand. When I'd ask, what does future mean she'd say yesterday. When I asked what past means, she'd say tomorrow. So I sat down with Mary and Yashoda and gave them examples of past, present and future, but I kept saying September 1st was present. Yashoda and Mary looked at me like I was nuts and they finally corrected me. I've been gone for two and a half months already, but it doesn't feel like it. It feels like only a few weeks has gone by. I hope that time will slow down a bit, and not feel like its rushing by. I'm afraid I'm going to wake up tomorrow and it's going to be time to go home! Yesterday I spent most of the day at Evie with Rehana and her munchkins. We sang songs and read some books. The kids are so excited to be in school. They all raise their hands to answer a questions, they all leap out of their seats to do a problem on the board. They are truly happy at school. I found out yesterday at Yashoda and Shilija have tattoos. Yashoda has a symbol representing the moon and the goddess of wisdom. Shilija has a tattoo of her grandmothers name on her forearm. She got it when she was in the 3rd standard. That's 8 years old! We sat and talked about tattoos after teacher training. They all thought mine was fake. The color on mine is brighter, maybe because its newer?








No comments:

Post a Comment