Around the world

Around the world; a Nation Hopper's journy to teach on all 7 continents.




Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day one

It feels sooooooo good to be back!

I have been out of the States for one hundred days :) Doesn't seem like that long.

Walai and I got in at 8:30 last night, Mae Pike (P Ui is in Bangkok visiting her son so Mae Pike is watching over the girls) let the girls stay up late so they could see me. There was lots of screaming and jumping up and down on the girls part. I was weighed down with luggage to do much bouncing around.

I missed breakfast with them, my internal clock is still a bit fuzzy. The cook made som tum for lunch!! And tofu. I was stoked, you cant find tofu in Hyderabad. Ging is coming to pick me up in an hour and I'm going to the office to visit with everyone and show them pictures. I think there is an English lesson today with the girls... Turns out there was no lesson. The staff and I just chit-chatted for a while, the have grown super shy in the last 6 weeks. I went home and Ging picked me up an hour later and we went to the hospital. A few kids from Mae Noi's house are sick and they went to get checked out. Everyone is ok, just a cold. I saw a handful of the girls and they were so excited to see me. I was afraid the little ones, Mint and Pim, would be shy around me like they were at first but I was wrong. They latched onto my legs and arms and Chan had to pry them off. After we took them home we (all the staff girls) out to dinner for Blah's birthday.

Birthday cake 

It was windy and the candles would not light! 

The birthday girl 

Yes, that sign says no peeing. 


Walai and I talked about starting up swim lessons on Saturdays with the girls. I am stoked. I've been out of the water for 3 whole months. I haven't been out for three solid months in ages, its driving me crazy. I've lost my tan, the hair on my arms has grown back and I don't smell like chlorine :(

No comments:

Post a Comment