Around the world

Around the world; a Nation Hopper's journy to teach on all 7 continents.




Thursday, November 10, 2011

update

Sorry. I've been completely awful at this the last like week. Some updates:

-I am feeling a lot better, less zombiesh and more able to function. Still very congested, possibly loosing my voice. We'll see.

-Bendie's puppies are growing like weeds! They are sooo adorable! Pictures to come.

-Today we start moving to Mark. Some beds, the extra couch and chairs, and one of the tables with chairs. We'll load all the stuff up into a lorie (a really big truck) and take it to Jordie school where we will store it until the construction at Mark is finished.

-I've been writing like a fiend on my 87,283odd word manuscript, praying it will take a book like form in the next couple of weeks.

-I have less then 2 weeks in India. This makes me very sad and happy at the same time. India is a tough place to be. I don't think I could last much longer then 6 weeks, yet I'm absolutely dying to stay another month. There is so much to do with the teachers and kids and no where NEAR enough time.

-Today I am also finishing up the pictures Bella and I took of the kids on Saturday. Some of them were absent and did not have their picture taken.

-Bangkok and southern Thailand are so ridiculously flooded. The death toll has reached past the 500 mark. Thankfully Nang Rong has not been affected by the floods, Isan is higher ground then Bangkok and southern Thailand. Nathan, Jack, and Ajan Tessany (the wickedly awesome teacher I've been telling you about) have started a relief program. They are sending trucks with food, blankets, and supplies down to the flooded area. I hope the flooding stops soon.

-Working on getting the info for the program Heather is working with. No one can remember the name and we've misplaced the dvd. Sigh.

-It sounds like someone is vomiting up their stomach next door. Lovely sound effects with your morning tea. Gross.

Ok, I think that's all I have for yall... I'll try and put up some pictures tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment