Around the world

Around the world; a Nation Hopper's journy to teach on all 7 continents.




Monday, October 10, 2011

Made it!

Be warned. The internet is slow. Like, you could make your own cheese before the page finishes loading, if it will even load all the way. Added bonus, I can't get it on my computer. To do so I would need the password that I cannot for the life of me remember. So as of right now, there will be few posts and even fewer pictures. Sorry :(

Sue and I made it to Hyderabad. Our luggage almost decided to stay in Mumbai, which ment we stayed at the Hyderabad aiport until passed midnight to get it. And it still did not come, they delivered it to the house at midnight the next night. Total travel time was 17 hours. On my first day in India I went to a wedding of the sister of the accountant. That was a lot of fun. The women were dressed up beautifully in saris of all colors. A sari is a really long scarff that you wrap around your body, you wear it with a little half of a half shirt.

I'm a bit scattered brained at the moment so I'll give my first impressions. Keep it quick and to the point.

Most people speak English here, though its hard to understand with the thick accents. The weater is excelent, not terribly hot and not humid at all (score one for India). The food is delicious and not to be eaten with your left hand, spoon, or fork. The clothes are beautiful, I think I aleady said that , and I will have two or three sets made (so excited). The people are fantastically nice, though they tend to stare. A lot. My mother is going to throttle me when I get home because it took me nearly three days to let her know I hadn't died in a plane crash on the way over. The guest house is wicked awesome, all marble floors, a kitchen with wood cabnets to die for, my room has a gorgeous view and a very comfortable bed.

Yeah, so that's pretty much been the last threeish days.

Going to school in the morning.

Don't know when I'll be able to update again, hopefully soon.

Hope everyone is well!

I apologize for my horrendous spelling and grammar, but I'm really too tired to try really.

No comments:

Post a Comment