Around the world

Around the world; a Nation Hopper's journy to teach on all 7 continents.




Sunday, October 23, 2011

Happy Birthday to Vijayaloxmi!!

Today we went over to Vijayaloxmi's house to celebrate her birthday! She had several of the kids from the school as well as neighbourhood kids there too. The 'grown ups' (Sue, Chris, Suzan, and Vijaya) sat and talked inside while I flitted between them and the kids outside. Once I pulled out my camera, that was it. Everyone wanted their picture taken, so I took about 100 pictures today.

 After the birthday party we went to see Priya, one of the teachers, at the hospital. She had a baby girl yesterday and I got to hold her before the doctor came in and yelled at us. He didn't want anyone to touch the baby, not even Priya! He said that if anyone touched the baby (especially those of us who had just come from outside), she would get sick. This is a true statement, the baby could indeed get sick. The stupid thing was, the door was open into the courtyard not five feet from Priya's bed! I wanted to give the doctor one of those 'are you nuts?!' look, but did not. He immediately took the baby from me and put her on the bed next to Priya. The second he left, Priya picked her baby up and handed her to me. Haha! Here are some pictures!!

Vijaya and her daughter Artie



In India, you feed the birthday person cake, the kids stuffed it into Vijaya's mouth



Vijaya and the kids

Vijaya feeding Chris cake

Vijaya and Suzan

My turn!


Priya's little baby girl! She was born at 9-something am yesterday

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!! First, I love the pics! :) The kids look SOOOO cute. Also, I love your shirt/dress. SOOOO cute too!! :)

    I love you!! <3

    ReplyDelete