Around the world

Around the world; a Nation Hopper's journy to teach on all 7 continents.




Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Driving to school

My allergies have been acting up (I think they are so bad because of the ride in the tuk-tuk Sue, Suzan and I rode in on Sunday. The tuk-tuks are the little yellow cab things in the pictures below). I woke up feeling like death this morning with a runny nose and enough phlem to scare off the Mucinex ganster bugger. I ran, hoping it would help me feel better. It made me feel worse. When ever I go out in public, people stare at me (and Sue if shes with me) like I've got lobsters growing out of my ears. It's very uncomfortable to have so many people gawking at you. I was hoping 6:30 was early enough that people would still be inside their house, but no.

Sue and I went to school at 8:30 this morning. We picked up Jashreey and Rajitha on the way. I took some pictures as we drove down the main road. I got to work in a few classrooms today! The kids where thrilled that they were able to sit and talk with me. One of the teachers was absent, so I helped Rajitha sub in two classes.






Tuk-tuk


A Hindu temple



The guest house


This is where the night watchman lives












No comments:

Post a Comment