Around the world

Around the world; a Nation Hopper's journy to teach on all 7 continents.




Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Banana flower

Had a banana flower for dinner tonight. I didn't know you could eat them... I mean I assumed you could, but I didn't think anyone did. But people do. It looked like a very brown artichoke, tasted like one too.

I also tasted this flower looking thing at lunch. It tasted like an Aveda store. Ick!

As I am writing this, the kids are watching a Thai soap. A couple fell off a flooded balcony into a river. The dude was shot previously, I think. There were several men involed in the shooting and nearly all of them were wounded. When the woman surfaced and could not kind her companion, so she dove down and there his was. Floating lifelessly in the middle of the river. She swam up to him and started shaking him to see if he was conscious. He was not. She then tried to blow air into his lungs, or just tonsil hawk him back to life, it was hard to tell which. This did not work. So she clung to him crying. Underwater. For five minutes. The show then ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment