Around the world

Around the world; a Nation Hopper's journy to teach on all 7 continents.




Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Supermarket

Today all of the mothers, Nathan, and myself drove an hour to Buriram (the city) to go to the big supermarket. Picture Walmart, in Thailand. They had everything, food, clothes, furniture, everything. An hour and 7 shopping carts later (the shopping carts were over flowing they were so full) we left to have lunch. Lunch consisted of real som tum (papaya salad that is REALLY spicy) with sticky rice, a soup with bits of pumpkin and other veggies, cabbage leaves, and fried bananas. Two things I didn't care for in the states, bananas and coconut/milk. Two things I cant get enough of in Thailand, bananas and coconut/milk. On the drive back to Nang Rong I saw a palm tree with spikes shooting out for about five feet on the trunk. I wish I could have gotten a picture but we were moving too fast.

A surprise is going out in a mail for a few of you. Expect to receive it in about a month (sucks that it takes so long to send letters). The girls helped decorate :)

Have not been sleeping the last couple days and it is not sitting well with me. Maybe tonight will be cooler?!

Yesterday when I got on to post, the top options of the blog were in Thai!! I freaked out, scared I had changed an option on the blog. I clicked every button I could but couldn't get to a new post. So today I enlisted Nathan's help since he could read Thai. It took us about 30 minutes to realise it was just the server and when I clicked one of the buttons (that I had already tried by the way) and BAM. The site was in English again. Tbbh. Oh well. Now I know to just keep clicking till it turns back to English!

2 comments: