Around the world

Around the world; a Nation Hopper's journy to teach on all 7 continents.




Thursday, August 25, 2011

More rain

Last night was aaaamzing, this morning is aaaamazing. It rained last night, and the temp dropped a zillion degrees and I was able to sleep, and I woke up not covered in sweat, and I can sit in the living room after my shower, next to an open window, with no fan on and not feel sticky!! Y'all don't know how happy this makes me. After not sleeping for the last 4-5 nights, and sweating buckets alll the time, this was much needed. I actually slept through my alarm, whoops, but I figure that was my body telling me it needed some extra zzzzzz.
I made a new friends yesterday:
-First is Nathan, he is Jack and Sue's son. He will be here for a while, defiantly until I leave for India. It will be great having him around. Not only does he speak English (obviously), but also Thai. He was translating up a storm for me and P Ui (I have learned that the proper way to address Mae Ui is now P Ui. But you HAVE  to say PEa, make sure the e is high and then drop the a. Otherwise if you just say pea, it means daemon). He has also asked if I would like to see the town and surrounding area and some legit old Thai Buddhist temples way up in the mountains, I said heck yes!
-Second is Ging
-Third is Pa (sounds more like Bah, but they said it was spelled with a p..)
-Fourth is Noon
-Fifth is Chan
-And sixth is Rut
They make the magic behind the curtain here (they work in the office). I had my second lesson with the staff yesterday. Speaking of which I really should be writing the next lesson plan... but this is so much more fun, right? No? are you sure?  Ok ok, I'll go write my lesson plan, yeesh.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the rain!!! :D

    Make sure you take lots of pictures when Nathan shows you the town and stuff. I'll be waiting!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete