Around the world

Around the world; a Nation Hopper's journy to teach on all 7 continents.




Monday, August 15, 2011

Hello, Goodbye

The last month and a half have been so up and down, I’m surprised my head is still sitting on my shoulders. I would not have been able to make it through the car wreck, the syncope episode, moving, finishing up summer lessons, or almost having to push back the departure date without the incredible people in my life. I want to take a second and thank everyone. To all the lifeguards, the Aarons, Johnathin, Philip, Selin, Zoe, Brian, the front deskers, Jessy, Sammie, Ashley, the most amazing lifeguard supervisor, Beth Ann, the best roommate in the world, Kat, my wonderful family, mom, dad, Lex, Julie, Steve, Re, Liva, the Grandmas, Phil, Lisa, Tom, the boys, Victoria, Brie, my favorite patrons Jennifer and her husband George, and last but certainly not least Sue and Jack. I would not be sitting in this airport without you guys. I would still be in Austin, not about to board a plane, jumpstarting my dream. So thank you, thank you, thank you! Y’all mean the world to me, and I am so thankful to have you incredible people in my life. 
This is such a huge step, I can only hope that I am ready for it. I think I am, I feel ready, though not at the moment. At the moment I feel like up-chucking on the guy next to me. I’m nervous, excited and apprehensive all at the same time. But this is going to be good. No. It’s going to be GREAT, I’ve just got to get there first. The agenda for the day, first an hour to Phoenix with an hour lay over. Then three hours to Vancouver with a three hour layover. Then a 13 hour flight to Hong Kong and an hour and a half layover. Then a four hour flight to Bangkok. Just in case you were not counting that comes out to 21 hours IN the air and 7.5 hours in airports. Whew. But I’ve got plenty of paper and a book to finish, so that should keep me busy, and I have not yet been to a Canadian airport, or Hong Kong for that matter… 
Ok, enough chattering, I need to get on the plane. Lot’s of love! See y’all in 6 months. Keep an eye for lots of pictures and up dates. 

4 comments:

  1. Congratualions and the best of luck Amanda - I am very prouod of you and know you will do well-BF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you Manda!!! You have said you wanted to teach English overseas and you are reaching your goal!! You are so amazing!! I love you sooo much and can't wait to see you when you get back!! <3 You are going to have the most amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very exciting Amanda - I know it took a lot of courage for you to undertake this adventure and I promise it will make you a better person and will stay with for life. Enjoy yourself while you can - learn - teach and prosper.

    ReplyDelete