Around the world

Around the world; a Nation Hopper's journy to teach on all 7 continents.




Saturday, August 20, 2011

Busy Saturday

I went to the super market today with Khun Ui. They have the two most important American products, Olay makeup and Pringles. Just kidding. But they do have a surprising number of American things. Listerine, Gillet razors, and M&Ms. Mae Ui and I took the truck, which has seats in the bed, we picked up Yi Et at the office on the way back. I wanted her to sit in the front seat of the truck, but she waved a hand away and pulled herself into the truck bed, she’s 80 something years old! So I climbed up to sit with her, Mae Ui asked if I wanted to sit in front. I told her no, that I wanted to sit with Yi Et, who was thrilled that I remembered how to say her name! 
I also got some paper at the supermarket to start preparing for the first English lesson on Monday, I’m very nervous!
After lunch Walai is going to take me to one of the other house to met the other girls. I’m trying to think of a good game to play with them. I’m thinking of Marco Polo, on land. Or I spy. I spy might be a good one to help the girls with their colors. Or Red Rover... I taught everyone how to play duck, duck, goose and head, shoulders, knees, and toes last night at a birthday party we had, everyone one seemed to like it. 
Speaking of the birthday party, all of the girls and staff came to the big house last night for a party. I was bombarded by new faces and had a super hard time remembering everyones name. It doesn't help that there are two Mint's, two May's and one Mai. They all sound the same to me, but I have been assured there is a difference. All the girls are super sweet and very very shy. I am hoping that after today the girls in the other houses will feel more comfortable with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment