Around the world

Around the world; a Nation Hopper's journy to teach on all 7 continents.




Thursday, December 26, 2013

Boxing Day


Everyone is still in a food coma from yesterday. We had SO much food for Christmas and it was all delicious. 



The girls and I slept until 10 this morning and vegged on the couch and watched a movie. It was beastly hot today, we all hid the living room with the curtains drawn, windows and doors thrown open wide. Cliff came by and said he’d drive us all the to pool, and we all jumped at the chance to escape the heat. 

There is a country club about three miles, maybe two, or a 30 minute walk, from the house that the girls are a member of and they have a pool. So he dropped us off and gave us money for a taxi home. 

We had a lot of fun at the pool, I taught the girls how to play chicken, marco polo and how to dive. Esther and Eron jumped off my shoulders like my dad used to do it me, we had a blast. And I got some sun! I’ve been looking a bit pasty since the weather turned some what cold in Austin. We swam and tanned for two hours before getting dressed and heading back to the house. I wanted to ride a boda-boda (a motorcycle taxi), so Eron rode with me and the other girls piled into a taxi. The boda-boda ride was fun, I had ridden on one in Thailand but this was different. 






Eron and I got back first and went across the street to the shop to get a soda, and guess what they have… Coke in glass bottles!! I think it’s the coolest thing ever and the girls thought I was crazy :) 


All in all a pretty good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment