Around the world

Around the world; a Nation Hopper's journy to teach on all 7 continents.




Sunday, December 15, 2013

12/14/13

Today is the big day guys!!

I'm sitting on my couch, waiting for a friend to come pick me up and drive to Houston. I leave Houston at 8pm today and arrive in Istanbul, Turkey, at 4pm Sunday. My flight from Istanbul leaves at 6pm and gets into Entebbe, Uganda, at 4am Monday. I'll be traveling for two days -.-

I'm really excited, my stomach is in knots and I hardly slept last night. I managed to get everything packed last night... I might have been running errands at 6:30pm, getting some last minute things. But it's all there. I weighed my suitcases this morning and was horrified to find the bag with all my clothes in it was 60 lbs! After some quick rearranging and the taking out of the tennis shoes the bag is now down to 49.3 lbs. In case you cared, I will be traveling with three 50lb suitcases. No, they are not all mine ;) One of them is full of Christmas presents for Tomi's kids, another full of fabric and craft stuff for the kids and the last one has my stuff in it.


The nerves that always come with international travel are starting to kick in. I'm going through phases of 'yay! I'm leaving!!' straight to 'oh crap, I think I'm gonna puke'. I'm not particularly looking forward to the 3+ hour drive to Houston and then the wait to get on the plane.

Alright, my ride is here! Wish me luck!

See you in Uganda! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment