Around the world

Around the world; a Nation Hopper's journy to teach on all 7 continents.




Monday, January 30, 2012

So it begins,

I had to say my first good bye yesterday. It was at church. I didn't realize until we were pulling into the parking lot that it would be my last service in Nang Rong ( I still have one more Sunday but I'll be in Korat with Ging). I think it was better leaving it until the last minute to let everyone know. Service continued as usual, but at the end I was asked to say a few words to the members. I thanked everyone for being so kind to me and for taking me in as apart of their family. I told them how much I enjoyed spending time with them every Sunday, getting to know them, having them get to know me, experiencing church in Thailand. I only cried a little.

I ate lunch with my friends, pastor Joe and his wife, Ja, some of the girls and P Ui. We talked about my trip, mostly about when I will be returning to Thailand, it seems I will not be able to get away with no coming back. Everyone demands it. I am ok with this :)

After lunch everyone came together to pray for my migraines and for my safe return to the us. I exchanged my email address with pastor Joe so he can send me the pictures taken at lunch. Like the birdbrained person I tend to be, I left my camera sitting on my bed. Thankfully pastor Joe had one and took some pictures of me and the members. Hopefully he will be emailing them to me soon and I will put them up here as soon as I can.

While we were eating lunch I watched the boys kicking the snot out of each other as the girls sat on the grass watching, well not my girls. I looked over and saw Prae and Nat had a boy laying flat on his back in the dirt and were proceeding to beat the daylights out of him, all in good fun of course.

May sang with the band during worship for the first time and I was SO proud of her!! She did a great job and it made me feel warm and fuzzy inside to see her belting it out like Brittany or Adel, or Lady Gaga, or which pop star you'd like to compare her to.

After lunch I gave out a last round of tearful hugs and climbed into the back of the truck with the girls. I am going to miss my friends very much and hope that one day I'll get to see them again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment