Around the world

Around the world; a Nation Hopper's journy to teach on all 7 continents.




Monday, January 23, 2012

Bangkok Bumrungrad Hospital

This is hands down the best hospital I've been to, the building itself is ridiculously impressive. There are so many helpful people around, you only have to hesitate slightly and four people rush up to you asking if you need help and then lead you to the right desk. They have their stuff together, registration took less then ten minutes, the people are so friendly, everyone speaks good English, and yeah. Its pretty great. So, if you're ever sick in Thailand, dont hesitate to go. they'll take good care of you.

BUT, if you need hardcore narcotics its BYON in Thailand. You are more likely to find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow then find codeine or vicodin. The government has a tight fist on the narcotics and dont give them out to just anyone. I had a prescription for codeine from the states and told the doctor that at this point codeine or vicodin will work on my head and he still couldn't give it to me.

In case you are wondering, the doctor gave me an injection of steroids and a painkiller (something I've had done in the States) and it dulled the tension headache/ hereditary migraine (big thanks to mom and grandma on that one)  to the point where I was able to enjoy my day, but exactly 6 hours later it wore off and I feel like my skull is being bludgeoned by a 2x4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment