Around the world

Around the world; a Nation Hopper's journy to teach on all 7 continents.




Sunday, December 11, 2011

Update III

Today seems to be the day for updates, this is what I get for slacking off for the last week.

I found out a while back that Jack also has a blog about the goings on of Opportunity Foundation Thailand. I've added a link on the top right hand side. He goes a bit more in depth on the inner workings of the Foundation while I like to focus more on the girls. Be sure to check his blog out!

I think its time to announce that today is my birthday, I am 22 years old.

Yesterday I was pleasantly surprised by Jack, Sue, and Add (Nathan's wife). They came by and took me out to lunch at my now favorite restaurant in town. They also had a bag of goodies of macadamia products, honey and two types of cookies. They left Nang Rong for Burma today and I will miss them very much.
I was also surprised by my mom, sister, grandmother, and great-grandmother, they sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Pissamai took some lovely pictures for me. Thanks you guys!




Today P Ui made me a birthday breakfast feats, including one of my favorite sweet treats, fried coconut milk. The brown things are hence forth known as 'fried nothings', as they are pieces of fried batter with noting inside. The green mushrooms are sweet fried rice, and the brown stuff in the bamboo tube is some kind of salty, not so tasty rice. It was a treat that the girls and I shared.


I had another surprise while I was checking my email... 

MORE flowers!!! I've never received so many flowers before, I'm feeling very special today! :) 

Aaaaand a party in the evening. 
Best birthday ever? I think so! 

Left to right, Noi, Aye, Mint

Mai, Planim, Mae Bui 

Left to right, May, Sali, Aye 



Birthday card

Tessany and I 

Cake! 


Green kiwi, red strawberries, I have no idea whats to thr right of the strawberries, and egg is to the left

Tip's (far right) face makes this picture





1 comment: