Around the world

Around the world; a Nation Hopper's journy to teach on all 7 continents.




Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas





I’ve spent every Christmas with my family….. This year was no exception. Sure, it wasn’t the ‘traditional’ Christmas eve party. It was eighty degrees out, we ate fried rice and cucumber instead of little smokies and fondue, the Christmas carols were in another language, and there were no chestnuts roasting on an open fire. Come Christmas morning there were no presents (as we opened them the night before), there was no turkey or roast beast, no family poker game, or alas Scatagories, and there was no trip to the theater to catch a flick. There was a wonderful afternoon spent watching the Guardians of Gawhol and sniggling with some munchkins, left over fried rice, and a Barbie fashion show. This has been one of the best holidays I have ever had. 


Last night, Christmas eve, the house was fit to burst with love, Christmas spirit, and an overwhelming sense of family. The girls and staff danced and sang before the gift exchange and dinner. Folks from the church came by and celebrated with us. I got the girls on film dancing. However, the staff macarana was not captured on film and I swear not on purpose. I had the camera out and ready, but the 'push and shoot' directions did not translate well. 








































The OFT Family 


Ging, me, Noo, and Plah 




Well, I fail at loading videos on the internet. The good news is that I got two of the five up! 


This one is a video of the girls in my house, May, Fai, Nat, and Prae, doing the sprinkler and lawn mower dance. 


Here are all the kids singing a Thai Christmas song with the pastors wife and friend. 

I received a Christmas update from Chris and Suzan from India! The kids put on a play, pictures below. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment