Around the world

Around the world; a Nation Hopper's journy to teach on all 7 continents.




Friday, July 29, 2011

Visa number one

I got my Indian visa in the mail this morning! Last week brought a huge amount of stress over this thing. I needed to speak with the visa office, but had very limited time during normal business hours to actually converse with someone, odd half hour increments that got me no where. I was told on Tuesday that I could pay online, found out that night I could not in fact pay online. Thursday I was told again that I could pay online, I obviously wasn't looking hard enough. Went back home determined to pay online, I went to sleep feeling like a complete idiot for not being able to find the 'pay' button. On Friday I was told that I really, really couldn't pay online and the people I had been speaking too before had been mistaken. This woman directed me to send an email to the office authorizing them to charge me the visa fee, but the email came back. The week ended with me completely freaking out, having nightmares about not being able to go to India. Monday morning brought relief when Jack (Sue's husband) called the office to find out what was going on and got the mattered settled. So I now have my visa into India!! Thailand is next, but this has to wait until the very last second, talk about nerve racking. Anywho. Has anyone checked the countdown? 17 days. Yup. 17 days and I will be on a flight out of the states!  




4 comments:

  1. Yay for the visa!!!! :D Why do you have to wait until the last minute for Thailand???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because it will only be for 6 months, and I want the 6 months to start as last as possible.

    ReplyDelete