Around the world

Around the world; a Nation Hopper's journy to teach on all 7 continents.




Monday, November 4, 2013

The next big adventure is....

AFRICA!

Holy crap I'm excited! For those of you who don't know, I have been dreaming of teaching English in Africa since I was 14 years old. That dream is now a reality and I can hardly contain my excitement!

I'm just going to give a brief overview of what the plan is today and come back sometime this weekend with more in depth details.

In 40 days I will fly out of Houston and into Entebbe, Uganda. I'll be staying in Kampala, Uganda for a month as a volunteer English teacher for Kids Inspiring Kids. This organization is fantastic, it was started in 2006 by Tomi. It's kind of like Opportunity Foundation Thailand except KIK is an actual orphanage and home/shelter for women. Please visit her website and check out all of the wonderful things she is doing in Kampala. http://www.kidsinspire.com/

I'm meeting Tomi for the first time on Friday so you can expect more of the story later :)

Soooo excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment